Patagonia, AZ 85624
Anatole J. North
Experience: Independent Contractor 1996-Present Eastern USA
· Experienced in all forms of general carpentry: layout and design, foundations, framing, roofing, electric, plumbing, drywall, finished flooring, fixture installations, remodeling, cabinetry.
· Utilize alternative building methods: specialize in strawbale, recycled and non-toxic building materials, ‘off the grid’ – passive and active solar electric, composting toilets, water systems.
· Practiced in traditional building methods: post and beam, barn construction, hewing beams, human powered and traditional hand-tool use.
· Woodworking: cabinetry, furniture, doors, windows, artistic wood carving.
Carpenter 1994-Present USA
Windhill Builders – Franklin, NY: custom cabinetry building and installation.
Knewstub Construction – Ithaca, NY: dockbuilding and piledriving crew chief.
Oschnor Brothers – Oneonta, NY: pasture poultry pen construction.
Carver Construction – Ithaca, NY: building traditional Scandinavian saunas.
Trotti Building – Oneonta, NY: remodeling, landscaping, roofing.
Kreher Metalworks – Washington, DC: ornate metal, stair & rail fabrication.
Another Way of Building – E. Meridith, NY: slate roofing, dismantling and rebuilding vintage barns,
strawbale, earth plasters, recycled material use.
National Forest Service – Petersburg, AK: worked on crew repairing and remodeling cabins.
Maintenance/Grounds Caretaker 2000-2001 Patagonia, AZ
· Coordinate site care and maintenance of a residential health center.
· Responsibilities include: building renovation; machinery, gas, electric and water system repairs; landscaping; spa and sauna upkeep; general maintenance.
Vegetarian Macrobiotic Chef 1999 Ithaca, NY
· Involved in all aspects of food preparation from implementation to sales.
· Catered events and festivals and managed weekly Farmers’ Market booth.
Volunteer Relief Work 1998 Guatamala
· Developed cottage woodworking industry in indigenous refugee community.
· Taught maintenance and repair of technological systems: solar, water, gas engine.
Caretaker – Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center 1991-1992 Breckenridge, CO
· Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of grounds, cabins, ropes course, and snow mobiles.
· Assisted with implementation of programs for the disabled.
Instructor/Outdoor Ed Leader – Outward Bound 1991 Table Rock, NC
· Ran adventure-based courses: hiking, rock climbing, whitewater canoeing, ropes course.
Sea Kayak Wilderness Guard – National Forest Service 1992 Petersburg, AK
· Gathered scientific data on extended sea kayak expeditions for the National forest Ser.
Education & Training: Rochester Institute of Technology – Mechanical Engineering Program
Forest Service – wilderness survival, chain saw, navigation, radio communications, rifle
Outward Bound – 3 month outdoor educators’ practicum
Xela Language Center – Spanish language course
Wilderness First Responder
Trained in Reiki healing energy work
Achievements: Nationally ranked in Olympic flatwater Kayaking, member of 1989 Pan American team.